I have investigated the good Jarl, and have come to the following conclusion: he is a vampire. This may seem impossible since he regularly makes appearances in daylight, but let me start out by detailing how I came to this conclusion.
First, I found that he is involved in a program run by his administration that takes young “hopefuls,” usually women, in attempts to elevate them above their standing. This program has given the good Jarl favor amongst his populace. However, all of the families, when interviewed said that their child found a good fit in a far away kingdom. These families are not the type to ask questions. Especially when given a purse full of gold.
I followed one of these hopefuls. I don’t have visual confirmation, but I believe he feasts upon them. I’m not quite versed in the dietary needs of the vampire so I cannot give further information than that. This however is brought to the King’s attention will surely result in his execution. Necromancy being outlawed, I’m sure this is the response that will be received.
The good Jarl lives by a rigid schedule. It is exactly the same every day (with slight variation). The only exception is on the day he brings in hopefuls.
Schedule (GM NOTE: the actual time is given in counted time from sun-rise to sun-set. I put it in this format for ease of understanding)
- 5:30am – Leaves bed chambers (2 veteran warriors Sven the Mancrusher and Olaf the Underhanded relieved of night guard)
- 5:30am-7:00am – Eats breakfast with children. Advisers brief him of any news, 10 honor guard watch the eating chamber
- 7:00am-7:30am – Cleans up and traverses to his High Magister’s quarters. 10 honor guard.
- 7:30am -9:30am – Meets alone with High Magister, honor guard post around the building.
- 9:30am – 10:00am – Traverses to his personal training grounds. 10 honor guard.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm – Rotation of training with: Holgrim the Blade, Eagle Eye Rorrik, Tully the Quick, or Stephan of Highhill. Combat Training. Guards watch. On Sundays he goes to the town hall to settle disputes.
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Goes back to eating chamber, honor guard in tow.
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm – Lunch. Guard shift changes 10 new honor guards.
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm – Traverses to High Priest’s chapel with honor guards
- 2:30pm – 4:30pm – Meets with High Priest alone, honor guard post around building.
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm – Traverses to War-Room, honor guard in tow.
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Meets with counsel. Closed door.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm – Dinner. Honor guard is released, Sven the Mancrusher and Olaf the Underhanded take shift, and the rest of the keep is dismissed besides the family and their personal guards.